ReSharper 8.0 + VS 2013 Issues

Topics: ReSharper test runner
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM
So, I'm having difficultly getting xUnit tests to run through the ReSharper test runner. I've written three very simple tests. When I click the ReSharper icon in the class to run all tests the "Unit Test Sessions - Session" window opens but it only displays the name of the class and does not display any of the tests contained within that class. I can append via "Append all Tests from xxxx". Now, clicking Run Unit Tests in the ReSharper test window does nothing; the ? icon remains. Here is what I'm working with:

Visual Studio 2013
ReSharper 8.0
xUnit 1.9.2 (NuGet)
xUnit Runner VisualStudio 0.99.2 (NuGet)
xUnit.net runner for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 (extension)

I can get the sample xUnit tests to run using VS Test Explorer, but I am not a fan of the VS testing tools.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something simple?
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM
You don't mention if the ReSharper xunit plugin is installed - I presume it is due to the presence of the icon next to the test class. Can you just confirm, please? ReSharper -> Extension Manager.

But as long as it's installed, it should really just work. You might need to restart VS if it's the first time you've installed the plugin. You could also try renaming one or more of the test methods, to make sure ReSharper isn't caching some old state somewhere. And things won't work if you're running on a network drive, either. Failing that, I'd suggest zipping and emailing me the project and I can take a look.

Matt
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Sorry - forgot to mention that I also had the ReSharper extension installed.

I was going to zip the project and send it to you but wanted to try one last test. I created a new project as a Class Library, created a couple simple tests, and it worked. The only difference between the existing project and the new one I created is that the original was a Unit Test Project.

For now, I think I'm good but will reply if I run into any other issues. Thanks Matt.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Looks like there could be an issue with xunit + mstest unit test projects. Nunit has a similar issue, although it will work, intermittently. I've logged an issue: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-406087