This project is read-only.

R# 8.0 package doesn't run tests

Topics: ReSharper test runner
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:57 AM
The new R# 8.0 extension package looks slick, and is a nice way to keep updated vs. having to manually copy files into the Resharper version under %appdata%.

However, the extension doesn't run my xunit tests. All I get is a yellow bar and the text: "Test not run". When things went south in previous versions, I had some recourse since I knew where the files were and I could replace them with custom builds if needed to troubleshoot these kinds of issues. The package hides the files somewhere and I can't increase logging or trip a breakpoint now. I'm a bit nervous that maintainability is getting harder and not easier with this new change.
Jul 19, 2013 at 5:43 AM
I don't know why it doesn't work, sorry. And I'm afraid I'm on vacation for a week and a bit.

However, you can still build and install custom versions of plugins and extensions. The extension manager allows for adding custom sources, such as myget feeds or local directories, and ReSharper still supports loading plugins from all the old places.
Jul 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time out of your well-earned vacation, Matt, to give me this insight!

It turns out that removing the xunitcontrib package using Extensions Manager, checking out xunitcontrib 1.1.1, building locally, copying the output to %appdata%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v8.0\vs11.0\plugins works like a charm. Unit tests are running again with 8.0!
Jul 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I'd just like to confirm that the plugin installed through ReSharper's extension manager doesn't actually execute any tests.
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Experiencing same here. Looks like it's hanging trying to start the tests.
Aug 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Version 1.1.1.1 currently available from the extension manager should work fine now.

I'd strongly suggest deleting your version in %appdata%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v8.0\vs11.0\plugins and re-installing from the extension manager. This way, you'll get better management, including notification of new tests.

I still have a few reports that tests aren't working correctly with the latest version, but I can't recreate - any repros would be gratefully accepted!

Apologies for the dodgy version.

Thanks
Matt
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I just installed R# 8 and xunitcontrib 1.1.1.1 into VS 2010, but R# does not detect my tests. Just prior to my R# upgrade, I had xunitcontrib 1.1 installed running against R# 7.1 and it behaved as expected.

Let me know what information I can provide to help track this down, and thanks for writing such a useful plugin!
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Does it still fail to find tests if you restart Visual Studio?
Aug 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
For the record, 1.1.1.1 does in fact work as expected for VS 2012 Update 3.
Aug 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yes