xunitcontrib archive release
This release provides a test runner plugin for older versions of ReSharper. It includes:
ReSharper 7.1 and 6.1 are supported and plugins can be downloaded from the Downloads page.
The test runners use xUnit.net's version independent runner, and so should work with all versions
of xUnit.net, without modification. (See the xUnit.net project to download xUnit.net itself.
) Please do not replace the copies of xunit.dll that are distributed with the plugins. This will cause the plugin to stop working.
Note that although the plugins are no longer supported, the source code is still available, and each release has been tagged.
To install into ReSharper:
If there is an install-resharper.vX.X.bat for your version, just double click that file. Otherwise:
- Download the zip. Right click and select properties. Click the "Unblock" button if it appears. (See here for more info)
- Close all Visual Studio instances
- Copy the appropriate xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.X.X folder to C:\Program Files\JetBrains\ReSharper\vX.X\bin\plugins (you might need to create the plugins folder). Alternatively, you can copy the folder to <RoamingAppData>\JetBrains\ReSharper\vX.X\vs10.0\plugins, where vs10.0 is for VS2010 (use vs9.0 is for VS2008 and vs8.0 for VS2005) and <RoamingAppData> is e.g. C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming. This allows for installation where the user doesn't have permissions to write to the Program Files folder
- Copy the file resharper.external.annotations\xunit.xml to C:\Program Files\JetBrains\ReSharper\vX.X\bin\External Annotations
- Start Visual Studio
- Go to ReSharper -> Live Templates and click the "Import" toolbar button
- Import either xunit-ae.xml or xunit-xe.xml. The first file gives code snippets beginning with "a" for assert (e.g. ae => Assert.Equal), the second gives code snippets beginning with "x" for xunit (e.g. xe => Assert.Equal). (The "xe" file exists to avoid clashes with other unit testing framework templates). Pick which one you want and import just that file.
This release inclues:
- The ReSharper 7.0 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.7.0 folder)
- The ReSharper 6.0 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.6.0 folder)
- The ReSharper 5.1 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.5.1 folder)
- The ReSharper 5.0 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.5.0 folder)
- The ReSharper 4.5 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.4.5 folder)
- The ReSharper 4.1 test runner plugin (xunitcontrib.runner.resharper.4.1 folder)
- ReSharper External Annotations file (resharper.live.templates folder)
- ReSharper Live Templates file (resharper.external.annotations\xunit.xml)
- A private (unchanged) copy of xunit.dll 1.5 - do not replace this file. Do not reference this file from your projects. Please use the normal xunit CodePlex distribution for project references