Could not create ITestClassCommand for typeInfo...

Topics: ReSharper test runner
Apr 10, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Okay.. I read Brad's commentary on xUnit.net.. No joy 'cause there's no installer for this version.

I copied the ReSharper 4.5 xunit runner version per your instructions, created the folders, run VSTS and the xUnit support for says it's installed and enabled as a plug-in and yet I still get this error Could not create ITestClassCommand for typeInfo....

Really simply now, how do I fix this?

Thanks - Jon
Apr 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM
It means that the version of xunit.dll in the Resharper plugin directory does not match the version of xunit.dll that your tests were built with.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Yeah, version independence (ignorance, tolerance) really needs looking at. Until then, I'm afraid I can only offer releases built against the official version of xUnit.net.

If you want support against a custom version of xunit.dll, you'll have to get the source and recompile.

Cheers
Matt
Jun 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Edited Jun 19, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I'm confused (happens a lot I admit).

Just installed a brand new copy of R#. Downloaded xunit from codeplex and 'installed' that. Downloaded the contrib file from here too and installed both files into the relevant directory as required.

I too get this error when running any tests. Where is the custom version of xunit.dll coming into the equation?

Thanks

Nev.

EDIT: forget that. I had a dodgy reference to the official xunit.dll