How is it that ReSharper is not Core?

Topics: ReSharper test runner
Feb 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM
If the ReSharper runner is "not Core" to XUnit.NET, why is the TestDriven runner?  Or is it?

Just curious - Jon
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM
As I understand it, I think the big issue is that neither Brad nor Jim actually use Resharper, which makes supporting it rather difficult. Also, it seems to change more frequently than their other "core" targets - like msbuild and TestDriven.net - and they'd rather spend time working on xunit rather than on maintaining the Resharper runner.

Cheers
Matt
Mar 18, 2009 at 7:45 AM
I'm not sure I would call the TD.NET runner "core", but it is something that Jim and I use and maintain, so we include it with the distribution. Through 1.1, we've also included Resharper support, even though it has less functionality and is not something we use on a regular basis. When Matt offered to take over the R# runner functionality for us, we jumped at the opportunity, because we honestly have very little time we can work on xUnit.net (maybe 10 hours a month right now), and if we're spending half of that chasing breaking R# builds, we'll never make any progress.

Personally, the only "core" runner in my mind right now is the console runner. Everything else is gravy. It just all -- except for R# -- happens to be stuff we regularly use.