This project is read-only.

[PrioritizedFixture] and ReSharper 7.1

Topics: ReSharper test runner
Mar 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Hi,

I am using ReSharper 7.1 for running my xUnit test. i just tried the sample which uses [PrioritizedFixture] attribute on the Class containing Fact / Test methods but now ReSharper doesnt recognises the Class as containing Test Methods. But when i remove that Attribute on class immediately ReSharper recognises it but then the Priority Attributes wont work.

Does any one knows the work around for it?

Regards
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'm afraid right now, there is no work around. The ReSharper plugin doesn't support the RunWith attribute, mainly because the plugin knows that a method with a FactAttribute is a test method, but RunWith changes that - tests no longer have to be associated with a test method. And PrioritizedFixture is implemented using RunWith. I would like to change this, and add support for RunWith. I think it can be done in a manner similar to the Theory suppport, but it's quite a large change, and I won't be able to get around to it in the immediate future (I'm currently looking at supporting the ReSharper 8.0 EAP and the early builds of xunit 2.0).
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM
mattellis wrote:
I'm afraid right now, there is no work around. The ReSharper plugin doesn't support the RunWith attribute, mainly because the plugin knows that a method with a FactAttribute is a test method, but RunWith changes that - tests no longer have to be associated with a test method. And PrioritizedFixture is implemented using RunWith. I would like to change this, and add support for RunWith. I think it can be done in a manner similar to the Theory suppport, but it's quite a large change, and I won't be able to get around to it in the immediate future (I'm currently looking at supporting the ReSharper 8.0 EAP and the early builds of xunit 2.0).
Did anything ever happen with this? I'm guessing not.
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Actually, yes. The 1.0 release added support for the RunWith attribute, and can work nicely with the PrioritisedFixture example - see the screenshots on this blog post.